The end of another school year is looming and today I can't help thinking about endings and beginnings throughout our life. The excitement of beginning of an adventure with the hype and 'what ifs' then slowly transition to watching that journey wind down to an end. Then the craziness of hurrying to finish the project, event before the end comes. Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis on these two points and forget to enjoy the process in between.
Yesterday, I was watching my grown children in my kitchen. So many beginnings and endings in their lives. I began to rewalk all of those in my mind. (Is rewalk really a word?) Anyways, what I ended up relishing in was the end result unfolding before me in a very non-published calendar day. Laughing, teasing, talking, poking each other with family love -- and it was a magical moment.
In this human reality beginnings and endings seem to be highlighted when, I think, it is the process inbetween that true existence should be felt. How to stop the running and breathe in the moment is the learning.
Wow, that was a serious commentary! Need to hurry the morning's almost at an end and I've got so much to do before the afernoon the begins. And so it continues.....
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment